The Spanimax Method™ is a complete Open Access holistic system.
Its main purpose is the extension of life through the pursue of health by natural integrated means. Hence the name SPANIMAX, a shortened acronym for "Life Span Integral Maximization".
According to the World Health Organization, the main determinants of health include the social and economic environment, the physical environment and the person's individual characteristics and behaviors. This definition is in concordance with The Health Triangle, which is generally used to cover the three major areas of health: Mental, social and physical, as combined areas dependent on one another.
The Spanimax Method interweaves with The Health Triangle, creating practical means to make it a reality in the lives of those interested in the quest for better nutrition, fitness and health.
If you are interested in starting taking good care of your health, you must think three-dimensionally. It is not enough to eat right and engage in physical activities. You must also do everything in your power to exercise your brain, think positive and find ways to improve your social life and condition.
The Spanimax Health Method is the base of the triangle. Overall health is a state of being free of physical or psychological disease, illness, or malfunction; something that is achieved through a combination of physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
The Spanimax Health Method is concerned about natural means and mechanisms to help people carry out and attain a lifelong health program. It forms a square to represent the four essential principles of Knowledge, Power, Attitude and Network.
- Knowledge as the starting point of all health-awareness: Knowledge leads to power. And in the pursue of your health goals, this power, when focused on learning all about nutrition, fitness and health, opens the gates to healthy living and a body and mind you can be totally proud of. Knowledge acquisition involves complex cognitive processes: Perception, learning, communication, association and reasoning, so this process can't be accomplished properly without the other three following principles.
- Power as the degree and depth of individual control over the environment and the self. The measure and the nature of influence you can achieve by developing this power must be based on knowledge and personal experience. This way you make sure that your power becomes a positive force for your own health endeavors and the collective world.
- Attitude as the driving force of all achievement. A positive mental attitude will allow you to use the health knowledge you acquire in a powerful, effective manner. How you choose to think, inspired by your own awareness and a supportive network, will decide the end result of your lifestyle as a whole.
- Network as support, feedback and consistent development force. It relates directly to social health. The theory of social support is recognized as an essential aspect of all achievement. It is associated with how networking helps people cope with stressful events, wrong lifestyle and damaging habits, enhancing psychological well-being, motivation and inspiration.
Hippocrates, one of the parents of modern medicine said: «Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food.» This is the basic all-round foundation for the Spanimax Nutrition Method; its main goal, function and direction.
Even though nutritional science investigates the metabolic and physiological responses of the body to diet, it is also essential for us to understand why we eat what we eat when we eat, and how food affects our health and well being.
Notice here that food also includes all medicinal herbs, in any form, we can add to our diet on a daily basis.
The Spanimax Nutrition method forms a triangle of its own, with the representation of three essential principles.
- Choice (The What): Nutrition is the provision of the necessary materials (in the form of food) to support life. The study of nutrition concentrates on food's two basic attributes: Energy and nutrients (Macronutrients and micronutrients). Proper hydration is another significant consideration. Having extensive knowledge of nutrition as a science is the starting point of The Spanimax Nutrition Method.
- Combination (The How): How we eat and combine nutrients is a very important consideration for the optimization of diet. As an example, certain nutrients compete and interact for different reasons, as it is the case with the main macronutrients for energy: Fat and carbohydrates. This principle teaches you how to mix nutrients in accordance with your dieting goals.
- Timing (The When): Meaningful, since the more often we eat small nutritious meals the more calories we burn. Here the thermogenic effect of food plays a special role. Every time we eat a digestive process gets started and we burn calories. Nutrients compete into becoming the first to get into the system (eating often gives us a chance for variation, so we can get different nutrients throughout the day, week and month).
Health-related physical fitness consists of those components of physical fitness that have a relationship with good health. The components are commonly defined as body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular endurance, and strength. Many sources also cite mental and emotional health as an important part of overall fitness. This is often presented in textbooks as a triangle made up of three points, which represent physical, emotional, and mental fitness. Although The Spanimax Fitness Method is mostly related to physical fitness, its workings affects those other areas of overall fitness in connection with the Health Triangle. It includes three essential principles.
- Variation (The What): A general-purpose physical fitness program must address the following essentials: Cardiovascular endurance, flexibility training, strength training, muscular stamina, body composition and general skill training. The knowledge of different exercise forms we must do to achieve our physical fitness intent, forms the substructure of the Spanimax Fitness Method.
- Emphasis (The How): Provided with the knowledge of what to do, and the variations necessary to achieve the fitness essentials, the Emphasis Principle will teach how to plan your training and how you should do it in order to achieve your desired results.
- Frequency (The When): Frequency deals directly with how often you are willing to get involved in any kind of physical activity. It is a crucial principle since so many people fail to exercise often enough, losing motivation and ultimately giving up. The key to a lifetime of fitness is consistency and this principle will arm you with the motivational tools to keep you going as you learn to discover your own fitness needs.
Useful Web Links
- Nutrition (8)
- Fitness (5)
- Health (5)
- Natural (4)